Students Should Bring:
- Travel-sized watercolour kit
- Watercolour brushes: Small (#3 or 4), and a Medium (# 8 or 10)
- Fine-liner markers or pens. Black ink, but other colours can be fun
- B or 2B or more graphite pencils
- Any other preferred sketching media, i.e., watercolour pencils, chalk or oil pastels
- A small foldable stool or cushion to sit on
- Weather appropriate clothing
About Michael Peters:
Michael Peters is an artist and a design professional with over three decades of multidisciplinary expertise in design and art education. Michael was a full-time professor at Sheridan College in Ontario and taught courses in Drawing, Graphic Design, 3D Design, Digital Media, and Design Management. He has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (painting and photography) from Mount Allison University, Sackville, N.B. (1977), and a Master of Design degree from NSCAD University (2012), with a focus on participatory design.
In addition to his work as a design educator, Michael was a design director overseeing the development of international museum exhibits, corporate identity programs, web and print communications and wayfinding / signage programs for a range of cultural, corporate and government groups and organizations.