Students Should Bring:
- A set of graphite pencils containing a range of grades from B to 6B
- Erasers: A kneaded-rubber one and a plastic / vinyl one
- Pencil sharpener
- Mixed-media Sketchbook. A 9 x 12” wire-bound with 90 lb paper is good because it can flip open and lie flat, and the heavier paper works well for different media and techniques.
The following are optional:
- Travel-sized watercolour kit.
- A water-brush.
- Watercolour brushes: Small (#3 or 4), and a Medium (# 8 or 10).
About Michael Peters:
Michael Peters is an artist and a design professional with over three decades of multidisciplinary expertise in design, design management, and art and design education.
Michael was a full-time professor at Sheridan College in Ontario and taught courses in Drawing, Graphic Design, 3D Design, Digital Media, and Design Management. He has a Master of Design degree from Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University, 2012 (with a focus on participatory design), and a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (painting and photography) from Mt Allison University, 1977.
In addition to his work as a design educator, Michael was a design director overseeing the development of international museums and art galleries, corporate identity programs, web and print communications and wayfinding / signage programs for a range of cultural, corporate and government groups and organizations.